Sunday, July 29, 2007

I need your help.

My friend from my Church was in a very bad accident last night. I only found out this morning. He was waiting at a light and a truck hit him from behind. His neck snapped. There's a good chance he will be paralyzed, and he's in surgery right now.

These are the times when religion is hard. This guy, his name's Bryan, is incredibly strong. His childhood was horrendous, he found God, the typical finding faith story. It's different if you live it, I guess... I see God in him, is what I mean. I'm not your typical Saint, though, I won't lie. But this guy makes you want to be a better person. I wonder why God would do this to such a person. Then you think about how God 'has a plan for everything.'

Then why would he let such a decent person fucking suffer so much?

This is why I'm not such a great Christian sometimes.

If you guys are religious, please pray. Pray for him.

3 comments:

MadhouseMedic said...

In my prayers. I'm not highly religious but I prayed for a patient last night and they came though so I'll do my best.

Anonymous said...

Why do you think God did it? Jesus said Satan was the Prince of the Earth, didn't he offer Christ everything? Just because we love God, follow Him, worship Him, it doesn't protect us from harm, God says he will have mercy on whom he will have mercy, He makes the sun shine on the good and the bad... That's tough to swallow. This is not Heaven. I can tell you that Christ offers us a peace that passeth all understanding... even when we, that boy, are going through hellashish times Christ is with us through it all. We may never understand here, in fact God tells us to lean not on our own understand but in all things trust in the Lord. When we are over our head Jesus will take us to a safe place and going to a safe place does not always mean it's pain free but we can be given the strength and patience and love to bear it and continue working out the will of God, glorifying Him by carrying on. Being human we hate to see others and ourselves harmed, left incomplete, or depart this life. I lost my brother two years ago. Why did he have to go? Do I think God took him? Maybe not but I know God received him.

Praying for you and your friend.

spontaneousanonymity said...

Kyle - Thanks. There was a guy in the ambulence with my friend who prayed for him, too. You guys are really great.

Leazwell - Yeah, I hear ya. 'Lean not on your own understanding' 'trust in the lord...' I know all those verses, and I get it. It's just hard to swallow. Sometimes it's hard to accept things will be better later, when now is so bad. There are answers out there, I guess, just not goo ones.

I dunno, but thanks, and I'm sorry for your loss. I have a twin brother whom I'm very close to, and I can't imagine losing him. Was it really that easy to accept his death as God's will, though? That I wonder.