Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The hair was the best part!

Okay, so 'An Inconvenient Truth' sucked butt. I get it, it was different, it was bold. But for one thing, I already knew most of what he was saying... he just spent about an hour and a half adding big words like 'devastating' and, well, 'inconvenient.' Secondly, I was interested in the facts. Some of the stuff he was talking about was very compelling. But the friggin' graphs moved at lightspeed. I couldn't read them, let alone understand them, so that threw out the scientific basis interest. That aside, Al Gore, I admire your enthusiasm, but... I dunno. I just don't think he's that interesting of a guy to listen to. Not to mention I didn't enjoy the randomly placed items about his personal life. Was this a documentary about his life, and how he knew better then everyone else, or global warming? It seemed the earlier.

Now I have to write like an eight page paper on it. Should be fun.

On another note, I watched 'Madmen', AMCs newest production. Despite some problems with the sound at the beginning of the show, the oddly quick credit rolls at the end, and some strange music and camera choices, I found the acting really good, and the story was far from pointless. I especially liked Peggy, the girl who claimed to be responsible when it came to sex, but when someone actually paid attention to her, she gave it up faster then the other slutty secretaries. It's the typical 'girl wanting to be loved thing.' Not to mention the setting of 1960s Manhattan makes a great backdrop for a story.

And it made me what to smoke. Oddly enough, the advertising industry works. Huh. I'd recommend it, anyways.

And I'm out for now. I need to go turn on the air conditioning.

No comments: