Thursday, July 26, 2007

Piles

I hate that moment of self realization. That moment when things just become clear, and you go oh, shit. You know what I mean? That split second when you finally realize...

your house if full of piles.

Piles of clothes, piles of magazines, piles of homework, piles of pills, piles of wrappers, piles of piles!!! I mean, I'm not one for organization... I'm more of a 'spread my shit everywhere and let it ruminate' type of person. And it works, y'know? But this afternoon, I just walked into the kitchen, and was just, like... fuck! I need to clean! But then there's the problem of moving the piles. You see, I've come to know where everything is in accordance to the piles. Once they move, I lose things. Weird, yeah? I lose things when my house is clean, and find them when it's a disaster zone.

Needless to say, I debated with myself for a few minutes, and came to one conclusion:

My mom'll clean it up.

Yes, you heard it. My mom will clean it up. And this, my friends, is a high school senior's revelation. I will allow my mother to clean up after me for one more year, because, hell, after that, I'm on my own! So, just for you, Mom, I'll let you have one more year of taking care of me.

Ain't I generous?

2 comments:

MadhouseMedic said...

Amen. I went to the University of Colorado for a year and i lived in nothing BUT piles, if someone will clean up your mess for you, don't feel guilty, feel glad! (Then again i'm about as motivated when it comes to cleaning as DMV employees are about their entire job.)

spontaneousanonymity said...

Hahaha,yup. :D I don't know if my mom feels the same way, but ah well.

And AH! The DMV makes me laugh. I went in there to get a new license, and the lady at the desk looks at me, motions to the paper taped to the desk, and asks me to read it. I do (it asks me if I've ever had epilepsy, or something), and I promptly say "No!"

She gives me this look and says, "Please? I really need you to."

I almost died laughing.

But I get your point. :D